Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Easy Hoisin Chicken Lettuce wrap


 I got this Hoisin sauce on sale (from P74.50 to P57.50) a few months ago while shopping in Hi-Top and I haven't had the chance to use it until now. The recipe that I will share to you today is not only healthy, but it is so easy to make.

Easy Hoisin chicken lettuce wrap



Yummy and healthy!


Cooking time: 10 mins

What you will need:

  1. Half a kilo of chicken fillet, cut into cubes or strips
  1. Iceberg or romaine lettuce
  2. 1 can of sliced mushrooms
  1.  4-5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
  2. 1 onion minced
  3. 4 cloves of garlic minced
  4. 3 tablespoons of grated ginger
  5. Chili flakes (optional)
  6. Spring onions chopped
  7. 2 tablespoons of soy sauce

How to do it:

Wash the lettuce and set aside.

Place chicken fillet on a heated pan and saute. Once the chicken becomes opaque, add in soy sauce. Let it simmer for  a couple of minutes. After that, you can now add the mushrooms, onions, garlic and ginger.  Saute until ingredients are well mixed and the onions become transparent. Pour 4-5 tablespoons of hoisin sauce and stir until chicken is well-coated.  Then you can add the chili flakes. Let it stay for about 3 minutes to allow the flavors to blend in.  Add spring onions just before you remove it from heat.

Serve with the lettuce and enjoy!


Try it now!


I eat it like samgyeopsal. I wrap it in lettuce and eat them with my bare hands. My hubby likes it with rice. Either way it’s still good!  I think it's a great way to get kids eat veggies.

Try it now and tell me what you think! :)

Ciao for now,

Miss speaks

12 comments:

  1. this is cool! never tried doing wraps yet at home. i'll keep this in mind and hopefully i can try replicating this. i love, love chicken pa naman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to make you could also try tortillas instead of lettuce :)

      Delete
  2. I love savory meats wrapped in lettuce! :) Haven't tried making one myself at home, so I'll be sure to give this a go some time soon. Thanks for sharing sis ah! Now I'll just need to buy Hoisin sauce :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A different way to eat lettuce - apart from the typical salad. Thank you for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna try it! I am not sure tho if hubby will like it. He loves lettuce and chicken is staple in my kitchen so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,, I love lettuce,..Hmmm try try rin pag may time.. Thnx for this. ^^

    http://jocrisworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hoisin sauce! specially sa peking duck! yumm!

    -satisfiedgirl-
    http://phranczeskapharell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nyum! Would like to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice recipe! i also like eating samgyeopsal (one dish that i enjoy eating in a korean resto). thanks for sharing sis :)

    http://thebudgetfashionseeker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicioso! Thank you for sharing--I'll definitely try to cook this! Hirap na hirap na akong mag-isip ng chicken dishes! This is heaven-sent! :)

    http://momsterteacher.com

    ReplyDelete