Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I dig sisig!

I arrive home from work usually at 7pm and easy to prepare meals are so important to me. Although I prepare cooked meals on weekends that we store in the fridge and re-heat once in a while, sometimes, I get tired of the usual ulam that I cook. Especially now that I'm just starting to learn how to cook and there's not a lot of recipes that I know yet. Today, I will show you how I cook one of our favorites, the monterey sisig.

De lata no more!

What you need to prepare:

onions chopped
crushed chicharon (optional)
1 egg

Estimated cooking time: 20 minutes

How to cook:

Pour in the thawed sisig on a heated pan with no oil. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. While simmering, you will notice that the sisig will release some oil. What I do is I remove the excess oil from the sisig. 


I remove the excess oil while simmering

Mix in the chopped onions and let the onion cook. After a few minutes, add the egg.

You can also add in chopped siling haba (the green one) to add a bit of color and spice. Unfortunately I didn't have one in the house.



Package insert says to add 1 medium sized chopped onion, but I put in 2 medium sized onions.
  Top the dish with crushed chicharon to have a crunchy texture, and it is ready to eat.


Yummy sisig! This can serve up to 3-4 persons.
Try it now!





8 comments:

  1. that's hubby's favorite, he adds lots of chicharon on it too :)

    -satisfiedgirl-
    http://phranczeskapharell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My favorite! I miss eating sisig! But I have to lower my bad cholesterol first... Hehehe! :-)

    happymumay
    http://www.kwentonimumay.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sisig! But I'm very picky on how it's prepared. I want one that has lots of crushed chicharon. Hehe! Very unhealthy, I know. But it's one I consider a comfort food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. na-try ko na rin to before with my dad... we liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't know that monterey has this product. I think my father will like this. thanks for sharing sis :)

    http://thebudgetfashionseeker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like sisig too, but I think I'll skip the onions since I don't eat them. ;)

    ReplyDelete